Re: How to get Anti-aliasing to work

Hi,

I suggest you do the following:

apt-get source qt-x11-free
(This downloads and uncompresses qt 3.0.5 which is recommended for KDE 3.0.5,
You need to have e.g. the following line in your /etc/apt/sources.list
deb src ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.5/Debian/woody ./ )

Then edit the file /debian/rules in your extracted qt-x11-free-3.0.5 directory

Search for the text "-no-xft" and replace it with -xft

Do a dch -i if you want to increase the Debian version number (to distinguish
the packages from the original ones), this is optional. dch is included in
the package devscripts.

run dpkg-buildpackage to create the debs and install them (dpkg-buildpackage
is included in the package dpkg-dev).

Note that it is not recommended to run XFree86 4.1.0 with xft (therefore it
was disabled). Read the RELEASE-NOTES.woody in on your kde mirror e.g.
http://ftp.du.se/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/3.0.5/Debian/woody/RELEASE-NOTES.woody

Nik