Re: Xine won't play WMV audio

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 08:30:32PM -0500, Matt Sheffield wrote:

> This somewhat OT, but I am attempting to play some Windows Media files
> from Konq with xine 0.9.13 but keep getting the message "No audio
> plugin available to decode 'DivX audio (WMA)'.
>
> I understand one can use the Windows codecs so I linked my
> /mnt/c/windows/system to /usr/lib/win32 but it still won't recognize
> it.

No.

You do NOT need the Windows libraries. What you need are _special_ DLLs
that contain additionall wrappers and stubs for the emulation layer that
current players (libavifile for example) use to extract the code from
the DLLs.

The original windows DLLs don't help. Get w32codec.zip from the mplayer
HQ (http://mplayer.sf.net).

--
mfg, Jens Benecke  /// http://www.linuxfaq.de, http://www.linux.ms
This mail is an attachment? Read http://www.jensbenecke.de/misc/outlook.html