Re: kioslave audiocd

On Monday 25 November 2002 20:53, Andreas Richter wrote:
> Am Montag, 25. November 2002 20:40 schrieb Andreas Richter:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i have installed kde 3.0.5 on my woody.
> > under root i can use the kde kioslave audiocd. but as a normal user
> > i have no acces (rights)
> >
> > can anybody help me to set the correct rights and groups to use the
> > audiocd-kioslave as a normal user?
>
> ok i have found the right-problem. i must set the device /dev/sg0
> accesible for the user.

Better solution: Set the group of the device to cdrom (if it's not
already) and add yourself to that group. Groups cdrom and audio are
used fairly widely for purposes such as accessing and burning CD and
playing sound. I'm not sure exactly where the policy is documented,
though.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.