Re: Which comes first - the chicken or the egg?

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:52:58 +0000
Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:

>  I seem to be between a rock and a hard place
>
>  In frustration over the weekend I removed my copy kdepim directory.
>  I then checked out the version tagged as the KDE_3_1_RELEASE and it
>  did not have an admin directory (required by debian/rules when
>  building via dpkg-buildpackage).
>
>  Nevermind I thought, I will download kde-common and symlink to its
>  admin directory as per instructions.  This I did
>
>  Running dpkg-buildpackage - one of the first things it does is run a
>  script called cvs.sh.  This has some magic in it that clears away all
>  files that did not come from cvs INCLUDING THE SYMLINKED admin
>  directory.

The following seems to work:

debuild -b -uc -us -nc

I'm too lazy to reread the man page but I suppose -nc means"no clean".
Do this immediately after you copy[1] ./admin into the build root.

[1]My golden rule of safe building: Don't symlink what you can copy.