kde suite

Hi to everybody!

I just completed a much rewarding (but also painfull) installation of the kde2 suite on my thrusty iMac.

Now I have two "tuning problems"

1- kppp doesn't work... it just keeps telling me "sorry, modem is not responding" no matter how hard I try changing setup. please note that the various console commands pon poff plog all work no problem.

2-sound is missing... I believe this is a powermac issue and I'm addressing this one also to other usergroup however I tried modprobe and manual loading of DMA_sound but apparently sound is directed to dummy port #0 instead of the #1

Any idea on how to fix this?

thanks a lot in advance

pieter