Re: Is this the right list to discuss problems building debs from source?

Alan,

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 03:13, Alan Chandler wrote:

> Also kdebase is failing during the ./configure phase thus
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (library qt-mt)
> not found. Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
>
> but according to dselect libqt3-mt-dev is installed at version
> 3.1+rc2.cvs20021101-1
> as is libqt3c-mt (note the c showing built with gcc3.2) at the same version

I ran into the exact same problems so I ended up building my qt debs by
applying the diff at http://shakti.ath.cx/debian/qt3.1.0/ onto the
original qt-x11-free.

I think I did something like this...
wget http://shakti.ath.cx/debian/qt3.1.0/qt-x11-free_3.1.0.orig.tar.gz
wget http://shakti.ath.cx/debian/qt3.1.0/qt-x11-free_3.1.0-0+1.diff.gz
gunzip qt-x11-free_3.1.0-0+1.diff.gz
tar zxvf qt-x11-free_3.1.0.orig.tar.gz
cp -R qt-x11-free_3.1.0 qt-x11-free_3.1.0.orig
cd qt-x11-free_3.1.0
patch -p1 ../qt-x11-free_3.1.0-0+1.diff

After that it still took a little tweaking to get it going but the qt
debs finally built and all is well.

> Unfortunately there is no sign of config.log in the kdebase directory for me
> to try and see what went wrong.  Does the debian build process leave it
> elsewhere?

The config.log should show up in the obj-i386-linux directory that gets
created.

--
James Greenhalgh, Open Door Software Inc.
I believe in free software. Free software is a matter of the users' freedom

PGP key num: D858790C
Fingerprint: A253 E524 8BC4 5E86 77E4 83D3 C27D D276 D858 790C