i18n. Some apps in wrong language

I'm running Karolina's KDE3.1 rc2 debs, and I'm having some problems with some
applications starting in the wrong language.

My system locale is set to en_CA (with fr_CA and ja_JP.utf8 locales present
but ignored), but I have a few different kde-il8n packages installed,
leftover from 3.03. Specifically enGB, ja[apanese] and fr[ench]... enGB of
course because the english is the closest to en_CA. enGB is set in the
Control Centre, works well enough, apart from constant complaints to the
effect of:

found no definition of PluralForm for enGB

on the console, but that is ignoreable. Unfortunately, it seems that kgpg and
quanta, neither part of the main distribution, keep opening in french. It's
very odd. It happens as soon as I enter the name, as shown from the

found no definition of PluralForm for fr

console message. What is making these apps decide to switch languages on me?
These apps do have english translations. Do they just not like enGB that
much? It's very odd, and It does get in the way.

--
"Is this death, or is this Ohio?"
[ alex.cooke@utoronto.ca ICQ:15596517 ]