Re: KDE 3.0.4 ate my fonts

On the last episode (Wednesday 13 November 2002 11:13), R. Boyce wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a minor but very annoying problem: I'm running woody, and until
> recently I had KDE 3.0.0 running perfectly on it (mostly due to advice
> gleaned from this very list). Yesterday I upgraded to KDE 3.0.4 by
> putting deb
> http://download.uk.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/woody ./ in my
> apt sources and installing all updated packages.

In version 3.0.4 from Ralf Nolan the anti-aliasing feature of QT is
disabled by default, you can look at the ML archive for a short discussion
on how to re-enable it, searching for messages from above on this very
subject.  Then you can think about an upgrade of the libfreetype package
with that contained in SID to obtain better results, there was a
discussion about this argument too.

Ciao,
Paolo

--
If Linux is not Unix then Windows are not Gates
                         Anonymous, XXI Century