Re: kde debian packaging

> Another thing is more important from my point of view. You use multitude
> of *.install files, each with hardcoded list of files for given package.

The way I've been dealing with this for the modules I maintain is to use
hardcoded combinations of files and directories, e.g.:

/usr/bin/kstars
/usr/share/apps/kstars
/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kstars

or whatever.  This means that the *.install files don't need to be updated
very often (since the most frequent changes are beneath
/usr/share/apps/kwhatever and in the documentation directories), and when
they do need updating it's usually a change that I need to be made aware of
anyway (e.g., new binaries that might require new dependencies/manpages/etc,
new libraries which might require new shlibs files, etc).

> Last thing: why is libdb2-dev preferred over libdb3-dev?

Certainly with kdesdk's build-depends, the last time I looked (probably a
month or two ago now) the configure.in.in was explicitly checking for libdb2
(this is used by kbabel), so I kept the build-depends at libdb2-dev.

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

Bad artists always admire each others work.
	- Oscar Wilde