Re: CD burning without root priviligdes

On Monday 11 November 2002 15:15, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:

> What is the Debain way to allow ALL users to use cd recorder?
> I won't remember to add all new users to cdrom and floppy groups, so
> I just set device permissions to 666. But sometimes permissions are
> reset for some reason ... Why?

I can't say off-hand why they are reset, but you can make your own
changes permanent with dpkg-statoverride. First you have to make your
changes manually, but any package that would touch them later looks at
the statoverride and respects your changes.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.