Re: Upgrading a debian-kde 3.0.8 system to rc2

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 06:35:42PM +0100, Karolina Lindqvist scrawled:
> l?rdagen den 9 november 2002 04.24 skrev Michael Peddemors:
> > Just thought I would drop a note on this, before fuddling around..
>
> I took away some checks for my early KDE 3.1 beta package in KDE 3.1 rc2,
> which appears like a bad move, so I have put it back again (not on ftp yet).
>
> Sometimes I have big problems making apt-get understand that an upgrade
> actually is possible. It is not always very smart and helpful about what is
> actually wrong.
>
> In those cases, removing the a package like here with 'dpkg -r --force-depends
> kdelibs-bin' and then doing an "apt-get -f install" suddenly makes apt-get
> able to install without conflicts.

Package: kdelibs-dcop
Conflicts: kdelibs-bin (<< 4:3.0.9-1)
Replaces: kdelibs-bin (<< 4:3.0.9-1)

Of course, replase 4:3.0.9-1 with the current version number.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
Developer - http://kopete.kde.org, http://www.kde.org