Re: kdevelop

On the last episode (Thursday 31 October 2002 10:10), Ed Cogburn wrote:

> If you are trying to install the kdevelop that is in Debian's
> distribution (woody or sid) then the suggestion you were given was
> wrong I'm afraid.  The earlier poster was correct:  kdevelop in the
> Debian distribution is for KDE2 not KDE3.  To get kdevelop to work on
> KDE3 you must do one of three things. Either download the source and
> compile it yourself, find out if someone has already done this and put
> up the results for download (If someone has done this, I'm not aware of
> it)

I didn't check Jordan's site, there aren't the sources there ?
If so, I think it's possible to grab them and recompile on Woody
without modifications, but I don't tried it, just guessing.

I packaged Kdevelop 2.1.3 for KDE 3.0 on Woody, and it wasn't so trivial
because of missing files in CVS's debian directory, so I collected them
from old Jordan's packages and made a package against the original
tarball from kde.org + Jordan's patches.

It works well, but people must be aware that Kdevelop 2.1.3 is not able
to read the kdelibs documentation which is now written using doxigen.
This means that you'll lost all kdelibs manpages that previously were
in HTML format, and this is a mess. The rest of the docs is available,
tough.

If someone can host them on the Net I can provide my diffs (< 5Kb), all
is needed is the tarball from kde.org *for KDE 3.0* and to apply them on
it, changing the target architecture in debian/rules since I optimized
for AMD K6 CPUs.

Ciao,
Paolo

--
If Linux is not Unix then Windows are not Gates
                         Anonymous, XXI Century