PDF wont print with Kghostview

Hi

I have a large PDF of about 150 pages that wont print either in its entirity
or in part using KDDE 3.02 and Kghostview. It says its printing and I can see
the job go to the spooler, and then disapear. CUPs reports that it aborted
the job as there were no pages to print. Kghostview will print say a chapter
of it to a file but again that file wont print. Xpdf however whilst not very
pretty will print the PDF fine.

Any ideas ? Is this something to do with the abilty to make a PDF read only
and disable printing of it and if so how do I tell if this is the case with
this PDF ?

Thanks

Pat