Sick and tired of the little font boxes

	I don't understand this at all: I cannot get the fonts to display properly in
KDE. Most of the TrueType and all of the Type1 fonts come out as boxes. I'm
running KDE 3.0.2 and xfs-xtt 1.3.0 (i.e., the latest). Anti-aliasing is
enabled. (Although disabling doesn't help anything.) There are only an odd
handful of fonts that work, all of which are the MS fonts. The odd thing is
that everything looks fine under GNOME. I've tried nuking my ~/.kde
directory, but to no avail. What gives?
	:Peter