Re: woody: kdelibs-bin depends on libqt3-mt (>= 3.0.4-1)

Thanks for your reply:
I take it that you are saying that with this:
> create a /etc/apt/preferences  file, with the contents similar to:
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 900
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=unstable
> Pin-Priority: -10

...it is safe to add the unstable 'deb - lines' to /etc/apt/sources.lists,
right!?

> iirc, kde needs two packages from unstable
> it's not a good idea to force packages without their dependencies, since
> they are there for a reason, but in this case libqt3-mt doesn't have any
> extra deps from unstable (unless you want the -dev pkgs too)

If I check on the package documentation
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libqt3-mt.html
...it seems to me that these dependencies:
   libfreetype6 (>= 2.1.1-1)
   libqt3 (>= 2:3.0.4-1)
     (maybe I overlooked others)
...are also not met by 'testing' (I respectively checked in the "Search for
other versions ..." link at the very bottom )

So my question would still be I all these are "save" to upgrade ?

BTW, Are most people here running unstable ?

Is it really neccessary for KDE3 to depend/"by compiled against" the latest
libqt3-mt  ??
Since woody is just become to get "the latest and greatest (possible)"
Debian - I think it would be very nice to make KDE 3  as "optional"/"not
coming with the official woody packages" available.

Regards  and thanks again,
Sebastian