Re: new kde 3.1 packages from Ralph Nolden and Konsole

On Samstag, 28. Dezember 2002 15:52, Russell Coker wrote:
> I am now running Ralph's packages on Debian/unstable.  There were a few
> issues installing it as the conflicts weren't quite right but I didn't
> bother tracking that for bug reports as I had previously been running 3.0.4
> (not an official Debian packaging).
>
> Now when I run konsole I see the following messages below.
>
> Being unable to chown /dev/pts/3 is fine as I own it anyway.  /dev/ptmx is
> not strange at all, it's the standard PTY master for Unix98 PTY support (it
> even was in Linux 2.2.x so it's not even new).
>
> rjc@lyta:~$ konsole
> Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
Fontconfig not confiugred. There's some issues that were there with fontconfig
in sid recently, thats why I didn't bother for a 3.0.5a for sid.

BTW: I updated kdeaddons as I was missing a 4: in the changelog so updating
from 3.0.5a didn't work right. I also added kdeedu now and koffice is
compiling, so I will add that too as kpresenter can't be used from
stable/koffice-1.2.1/Debian/woody due to the package dependency there to
libarts1-qt which isn't there anymore in KDE 3.1.

Ralf

> kdecore (KLocale): WARNING: found no definition of PluralForm for en_GB
> konsole: cannot chown /dev/pts/3.
> Reason: Operation not permitted
> konsole_grantpty: determined a strange device name `/dev/ptmx'.
> konsole: chownpty failed for device /dev/pts/3::/dev/pts/3.
>
>        : This means the session can be eavesdroped.
>        : Make sure konsole_grantpty is installed in
>        : /usr/bin/ and setuid root.
>
> rjc@lyta:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/konsole_grantpty
> -rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root         4956 Dec 27 17:44
> /usr/bin/konsole_grantpty
>

> But this is a minor thing, before this I couldn't even run Konsole...
>
> --
> http://www.coker.com.au/selinux/   My NSA Security Enhanced Linux packages
> http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/  Bonnie++ hard drive benchmark
> http://www.coker.com.au/postal/    Postal SMTP/POP benchmark