Konq 3.0.5 extraordinary slowness on certain sites

Hello!

Since I've installed KDE 3.0.0, konqueror seems to suffer from a very
strange speed problem only when accessing certain internet sites: On
www.theregister.co.uk and some other sites, a part of the page
appears, then the progress bar rises up to 99% and stays there for
about twenty seconds, before the whole page is displayed. Reading
News on www.pcwelt.de is also that slow. I've got absolutely no clue
what this is caused by; it wasn't that bad with KDE 2.2.x. The speed
of my processor (Athlon 1800+) as well as my amount of ram (256MB)
should suffice, I think. Anyone out there who's got similar problems?

Cheers,

Stephan