Possible bug?

Hi,

I have a Debian Sid Pentium, and KDE 3.0.4 and KDM. I have a 32 MByte machine, with about 256 Mbytes swap. I have noticed what *might* be a bug, or might just be bad design somewhere... I don't know.

Anyhow, in KDE, if I open two or three memory-intensive programs, such as Mozilla + kpackage, or Mozilla+Konquerer (several windows), I suddenly find my hard disk running all the time. This continues, even if I close the applications. It's like, once the swap gets activated, it never stops swapping, and never spins down. At that point, I can count on 5-10% of normal speed from then on, for *everything*.

That continues, even if I shutdown KDE and try to log on as a different user. Eventually, it seems that I have to shutdown the machine, though I haven't yet tried just shutting down X and KDM and just running from the command line.

Anyhow, I'm not even sure what this is classified as (-bug, -design request, or what) , or where (Debian? KDE? X?). Nor do I know if this is a known issue. So I figured, why not first bounce this up to debian-kde, and see if anyone knows about this. From there, we can figure out where to send it next.