[SOLVED] Re: autoconf

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 04:41:54PM -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
> Looking slightly ahead, I see autoconf will be an issue too.  I have
> both versions on my system, but the old one is the default.  autoconf
> 2.5 has been diverted.
>
> I'm not sure if there's any reason for this, but what do I need to do
> to make 2.5 the default?  update-alternatives doesn't seem to be used.
>
> Thanks

I removed autconf2.13 from my system; there wasn't anything that
depended on it.  It actually had a wrapper that tried to guess whether
to use 2.13 or 2.5, so conceivably things might have worked without
it.

I also removed the old automake and the packages that depended on it
(I guess I won't be doing any GNOME development--is there a way to do
both?).

KDE seems to be building OK after these changes.