Re: Upgrading a debian-kde 3.0.8 system to rc2

lördagen den 9 november 2002 04.24 skrev Michael Peddemors:
> Just thought I would drop a note on this, before fuddling around..

I took away some checks for my early KDE 3.1 beta package in KDE 3.1 rc2,
which appears like a bad move, so I have put it back again (not on ftp yet).

Sometimes I have big problems making apt-get understand that an upgrade
actually is possible. It is not always very smart and helpful about what is
actually wrong.

In those cases, removing the a package like here with 'dpkg -r --force-depends
kdelibs-bin' and then doing an "apt-get -f install" suddenly makes apt-get
able to install without conflicts.

-- Karolina