How to spot and remove an ugly font?

Hi,

How to find and permanently remove a particular font (file) based on font's
name?

The problem is that there's a font called "monotype-courier.new" that uglifies
my otherwise beautifully rgb-hint-antialiased web experience on pages that
use font face "Courier". :) Control Center's font section doesn't show it so
that I could just hit Remove, but I can still choose it from virtually any
"appearance" dialog of KDE applications. Xfontsel also lets me check the
exact properties of the font, but of course doesn't tell where it actually
comes from. I'm not using any font server.

- Jarno