Re: kdevelop

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Daniel Stone wrote:

> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:58:38 +1100 (EST)
> From: Daniel Stone <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
> To: mtsouk@freemail.gr
> Cc: dstone@kde.org, ar@oszine.de, debian-kde@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: kdevelop
>
> <quote who="mtsouk@freemail.gr">
> > After reading (?) the URLs, I think I am in a more difficult position
> > now.
> >
> > I think the following two command outputs will help you help me.
> >
> > debian:~# apt-get install kdelibs3
>
> This is your real problem. kdelibs3 is for KDE2, and kdelibs4 is for KDE3,
> due to upstream library sonames. I suggest you run "dpkg --purge kdelibs3
> kdelibs3-data", then apt-get install kdevelop.
> :) d
>
> --
> Daniel Stone              <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
> Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne

After some purging, I now get the following:

# apt-get install kdevelop
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  kdevelop: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) but 2.2.5-11.2 is to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages
#

What else can I try to install KDE3 with kdevelop?
Can you please help me?

Another question:
What did I do wrong in the process so that I am getting errors? I had KDE3
working fine and I just wanted to install kdevelop.

TIA,
Mihalis.