Re: kde2 sarge x86, QT_XFT environment and TTF weirdness.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 10:47:10PM -0500, Sudhi Herle scrawled:
> I am using the default kde packages from debian sarge on x86 (kde
> 2.2.2-5).
> (libqt2 => qt 2.3.1)
>
> [...]

Hi Sudhi!
The problem is that font anti-aliasing is enabled, and Qt2's handling of
anti-aliased fonts was pretty awful, and this is causing the problem you
described. KDE 3.1 will be in unstable rather soon[1], so you're best
off probably waiting to then. Hopefully it'll migrate to testing pretty
quickly.

Cheers!
:) d

[1]: As soon as we get Qt3.1/gcc3.2 sorted out, and it of course depends
on how quickly ftpmasters can add overrides.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
Developer - http://kopete.kde.org, http://www.kde.org