Re: link that breaks konqueror

On Thursday 24 October 2002 14:42, Russell Coker wrote:

> I've received another report of it working on KDE 3.1.  I'm using 3.0.4-1,
> so I guess anyone who has such a problem is best advised to just upgrade.
>
> I have been hesitant to upgrade, going from KDE 2.2 to KDE 3.0 was painful
> enough, I would prefer to go to an official Debian packaging of KDE 3.1 if
> possible.  Among other things official packages will support apt-get source
> so I can easily find the source for applying my patch.

I would suggest that you simply compile KDE3.1beta2 yourself. It is really not
that hard to compile, you can optimize it for your processor and it is easy
to install it side by side with the official KDE2.2 from Woody, because it is
going to /usr/local/kde anyway. You find compile instructions on the kde web
site. If you have any questions, just ask. I need about half a day to compile
most of the official stuff from kde3.1 (650 MHz PIII Sony Vaio Notebook).

Greetings,
Michael