Re: [kde] How to change fontsize in the Help system ?

Lauri Watts wrote:

> KHelpCenter uses your default KHTML settings.  For 3.1b configure the
> fonts in KControl -> Web Browser -> Fonts.  You can set a minimum
> global font size here.  For other versions, it's in various places,
> most commonly it used to be in an "Appearance" tab under Konqueror's
> configuration, most easily reached by "Settings -> Configure Konqueror"
> while running Konq itself.  For many versions of KDE, you can also set
> a per encoding font choice, and if this is the case, make sure the

This does not work in KDE 3.0.3 (Debian/unstable). Fonts in khelpcenter are
*real* ugly.

>From /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/common/kde-default.css:

/* Temporary patch: browsers break on bad HTML */
/* P, H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, TD, TH { font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    } */
 P, H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, TD, TH { font-family: sans-serif;
    }

Uncommenting the temporary patch and commenting out the original line solves
the problem of ugly fonts in khelpcenter. To favour TT fonts which look
better on screen than type1 and set an appropriate size (for me) mine now
looks like this:

 P, H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, TD, TH { font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
                                              font-size: large;
    }

Sounds like this has been fixed in 3.1. Should I file a bug report against
3.0.3? i.e will there be a 3.0.4 and does anyone know if the fix in 3.1 has
been backported?

--
Simon Hepburn.