Re: KDE 3.2-beta2

Ben Burton wrote:

When I packed the KDE 3.1 beta1, I more or less took the version from CVS
and compiled it. But now for KDE 3.2-beta2 I have put down much more work
on packaging and it is branched off from the CVS version in a direction of
its own.

Hmm, just out of interest, what's the specific reason for having two separate branches of KDE 3.1 packaging? I just took a look at the sources and there do seem to be some non-trivial splits between your versions and the CVS versions that the maintainers are updating.
I second this. Karolina, could you make patches from your changes and send them to the list? Or if they are large (>>40KB gzipped), upload them somewhere and post address? Thanks.

I build packages for Woody from cvs (they will hopefully end up on ftp.kde.org). It would be nice to combine our efforts. I am developing script to make *.install files more flexible (with respect to ever-changing file-lists in cvs). If you think you could make use of it (i mean adapt packaging to this), i'd be happy to help you (i don't have enough time to do it myself properly, so the script is rotting on my hard-drive atm).

Thank you in advance.

I'm not hassling you here, I'm just curious. :)

Ben.

- --
Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org
Public Key: finger bab@db.debian.org

I've never felt anything that moves me as much as my piano. I'm
an emotional player. I don't really like people. I prefer my piano to people.
It's totally reliable and it's alive. I can hear what it's saying. For
the most part, piano are female to me. Sometimes they're dykes, and they're
always good fun.
	- Tori Amos, Mick St. Michael CD Booklet

inetname: Yenar Calentaure
realname: Peter Rockai
    mail: yenar(at)host.sk
homepage: http://yenar.host.sk
The universe is entering maintenance mode in 2 minutes. Please logout.
                                     -- Your administrator