Re: KDE debs building

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> On Monday 16 September 2002 18:08, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
>
> Is the below rules file something we can reuse for that ? or are there other
> options ? Then, why not importing it as rules.cvs into every module so we can
> all reuse it for daily builds ?

It's not the whole rules file mind you. It's only the relevant sections
that differ from the standard debmake (AFAI remember) rules file.

You will still have to adopt things since the debian tools will probably
not be able to automatically catch everything. But it might be a good
start.

> > On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Yenar Calentaure wrote:
> > > Another thing with debs I dislike atm: The package versions are the same
> > > all the time. Sure, apt-get is smart enough to figure out what changed,
> > > but you lose overview soon which build you run. I'll bump up version
> > > (probably best scheme is 3.0.7-cvsYYYYMMDD) at each rebuild, and probably
> > > push the patch upstream :). Likewise all changes to packaging should bump
> > > package version (they should be mentioned in debian/changelog).
> >
> > I'm using:
> >
> > $ cat debian/rules
> > #!/usr/bin/make -f
> > #
> > # Based on Sample debian/rules file - for GNU Hello (1.3) by Ian Jackson.
> > #
> > # See realsync-files/debian/rules for details!
> >
> > VERSION=${shell date +'%y%m%d%H%M%S'}
> > package=escher-cvs
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > binary-indep:   build
> > 	[...usual stuff...]
> >         dpkg-gencontrol -isp -v${VERSION}
> > -DPackage=${package}-${VIDEO_DSCR} dpkg --build debian/tmp ..
> > [...]
> >
> > I suggest a note in README.Debian:
> >
> > This package represents a daily build from CVS. Upstream changes are not
> > noted in the changelog
> >
> > And I'd only mention stuff in the changelog if you really tighten some
> > Debian specific screw.

         Tomas Pospisek
         http://sourcepole.ch
         Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11