Re: R/W kio_smb still not in KDE?

Jarno Elonen wrote:

Does anyone know why read/write smb-protocol is still not supported in the KDE3 packages?

My guess is nobody (read most people) really don't think it's important.

I'm really just a regular user so I wouldn't know. I have searched the net to find out more, and the only thing I could find is that somebody set up an rpm packaging project for rw-kio-smb on sourceforge. Even mailed the maintainer to find out what that was about, but got no response.

Maybe people are waiting for new kde releases, and/or release of new kdevelop or something.

If you ask me, something should be done right away. The present smb ioslave is horrible. Of course it only has read support, but worse it always stalls when trying to copy multible files. On top of it, it's based on smbclient which is an insane thing to do. (IMHO if you're not prepared to do it right, DON'T do it!)

So.. Well sorry for the rant and all. (I eagerly await your flaming replies :-)

Anders