Re: Fonts are a big concern for Debian, IMHO

> Would it not be sufficient to have a package of free web fonts?
>
> A quick search shows up a site w/ shareware and freeware fonts. What
> about just collecting all the free fonts?

Try some. The problem is that they usually look good only in large sizes with
antialias. Good scalability is not very common in freeware fonts. And they
often contain only a very limited set of characters.

In my opinion, apart from quality issues, making sure the font(s) are freely
modifiable (i.e. "free", not just "gratis") would be important, too.

- Jarno