KDE3, korganizer and alarms

Hi,

here's one more problem I have after changing to kde3.

I use korganizer as my calendar and heavily relay on it's alarms. But
after changing to kde3 there are no more alarms coming from
korganizer.

Additional information:

At the beginning of every kde session I now get the warning:

KDEInit could not launch 'alarmd': Could not find 'alarmd' executable.

And indeed, while former packages of korganizer came with an
executable "alarmd" this is now missing.

There is now a new package kalarmd, and kalarmd starts with every
session. Could it be, that this kalarmd is meant as replacement for
alarmd? But how would one get korganizer to effectively use it?

Any hints, how I could get my alarms back?

Andreas Gösele