Re: debianrules

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 07:49, David Gibb wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to start learning how to package kde programs, and I came across
> admin/debianrules files. I've figured out they relate to packaging, but I'm
> not sure how. Can anyone explain how the debianrules file is used, or point
> me somewhere it is explained?

AFAIK it's special for the debian kde pkgs. If you check the debian subdir you'll find:

> grep -d skip  admin/debianrules debian/*
debian/rules:debian/debiandirs: admin/debianrules
debian/rules:   perl -w admin/debianrules echodirs > debian/debiandirs
debian/rules:   perl -w admin/debianrules echoglobals > debian/system.kdeglobals

Run those command without the redirection and you 'see' what they do ;)
The rules file is the Makefile that is used to build the package
(see http://www.de.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-dreq.en.html#s-rules)

Short story: debiandirs defines the environment and options for configure.
system.kdeglobals is later installed in /etc/kde3

Achim

                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com