Qt not found? how is possible?

Hi,

first off all I would like to say that I'm new in debian but not in Linux.
So, please, be patient with me.

I have instaled a mix betwend sid and woody. I have not a lot of problem
installing debian (well, yes, ... installing a printer, but this is another
history ...)

One of the thing that I liked of the distro is that has gcc3.1. So I
installed gcc3.1, and a normal instalation with kde2.2.2 and qt2.3.1.

I have installed all the necessary packages to compile any program that
needed Qt, or Kde. I don't have any dependencie problem, amb I have installed:

libqt-dev*, kdelibs-dev*, etc.

I have the libraries in

/usr/lib/libqt*

and I also have

/usr/include/qt/*

I have the same problem that have been described in this thread:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2001/debian-kde-200111/msg00106.html

but, unfortunatelly all the things that worked there, don't work with me.

At the same time I have been working with Inventor and the coin3d (basically
compatible). I have realised that if I tried to compile a simple program (30
lines) I have problems linking.

With the inventor, that I have installed with apt-get install inventor, if I
do:

g++ -lInventor prog-ex-inventor-coin.cpp -o prog-ex-inventor-coin

it doesn't link, because didn't find the Inventor libs, but they are:

/usr/lib/libInventor.so....

but, with Coin, that I have installed after do:

apt-get -b source Coin

g++ -lCoin prog-ex-inventor-coin.cpp -o prog-ex-inventor-coin

compile, link and works. So which is the difference?

I know that I have downloaded the Coin source and I have compiled with gcc3.1
and the Inventor no. But:

there's some king of incompatibility betwend compilers?

If I have a problem with the libraries, how I can know it?

As a note, I have looket how I have configured my home box, that is with
Mandrake. They put qt in their own directori:

/usr/lib/qt2/lib
/usr/lib/qt2/include

and the files have simbolics links to:

/usr/lib/qt2/lib/  ---> /usr/lib/
/usr/lib/qt2/include/ ----> /usr/includes/

But, int he box with debian, if I run ldconf -v, .... it detects qt, but,
ei!!!, comon, I'm running Kde!!!!!!

Well, I'm a bit confused, and tired. I don't know what to do now. I think
that the both problems have some kind of relation. Maybe when configure check
the qt, find some strange thing, and don't understand it? I don't know,
otherwise my beginings with debian are no good.

Best regards,

Leo

--
Linux User 152692