Re: Problem upgrading to kde 3.0.2

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:

> I upgraded to kde 3.0.2, and since then some of my toolbars
> (for example in konqueror) and menus (in kmail and knode)
> appear twice.
>
> The system-wide .rc files are good.
> Is it a debian-specific problem or a kde problem ?

I experience the same thing. For the toolbars, I made it a floating
toolbar en then dragged it back. Now they're fine. "Bookmarks" in the
menu in Konqueror still shows up twice. I only have trouble in
Konqueror.

At the same time as I saw the the problem first, Konqueror became
dog-slow to start (about 40 seconds versus normally about 2 seconds). I
can see "kdeinit: konqueror" hogging the CPU entirely. If I delete
~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/konq_history, the problem goes away - just
to come again after some time.

I do not know, whether the problems are related - but they showed up at
the same time.

(KDE 3.0.2 from kde3.geniussystems.net)

/Rasmus

--