Re: kde3 debs do not work with libpng from sid

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Michael Thaler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> o.k. one more thing:
>
> ldd /usr/bin/konqueror
>
> libpng.so.3 => /usr/lib/libpng.so.3 (0x40e31000)
>
> O.K. it is oviously linked against the wrong libpng. I am wondering
> that noone else is experiencing this problem. Or do I do something
> wrong?

Okay now this will get stranger.

I have libpng2 and libpng3

libpng2 1.0.12-3
libpng3 1.2.1-1.1

from sid and I also have kde 3.0.2 and my konqueror is linking to
libpng.so.3 and I have no problems on any of my systems here.

Figured I would throw in another data point. I also have XF 4.2 and
2.4.19pre10 kernel.