Re: kde and german keyboard + nodeadkeys

* Andreas Schuldei (andreas@schuldei.org) [020621 15:51]:
> i do not get nodeadkeys to work under kde. presently i have
>
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
>         Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
>         Option          "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
>
> but nothing between the standard (generated by the package's debconf
> dialog aka the first 5 lines) and this makes a difference.
>
> other windowmanages work.

this is a general problem on all my boxes. i installed one from scratch
just recently and got it there, too. Does NO ONE else see this?

Chris, does kde fiddel with the keyboard? where would that be and how
could i provoce such a behaviour? it annoyes me pretty much to be unable
to use my deadkeys in a normal fashion.

How can i narrow this down?