Re: Problems printing from konqueror using cups+gimp print.

Matthew Welland <matt@essentialgoods.com> wrote:

I get the error:

/usr/bin/lpr -P 'lp' '-#1' /home/foo/.kde/tmp-xena/kdeprint_650PUnl:
execution failed with message:

lpr: unable to print file: client-error-not-found
--SNIP-- <

This set of messages says to me that KDE is NOT setup to use CUPS, but instead is still looking for lpr. Go to Control Center --> System --> Printing Manager and look at the bottome right pull-down box. This should read "CUPS (Common Unix Printing System)" if it is configured for the CUPS drivers. If you have NOT configured KDE to use CUPS you might want to do so.

I am using CUPS + Gimprint here and it works fine in all KDE apps, including Konq.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-