Adding Menu entries to kdms login window (restarting with different X -layout xxx)
- To: Debian KDE <email@example.com>
- Subject: Adding Menu entries to kdms login window (restarting with different X -layout xxx)
- From: Achim Bohnet <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:08:40 +0200
- Message-id: <qQbUxB.A.QBH.dYp48@murphy>
For presentations with beamers that have a smaller xmax,ymax than the
TFT of the laptop it would be nice to start the Xserver with xmax,ymax of the
As a hack I configured kdm/Xservers to run X with different xmax,ymax
on vt7-10. What a waste of resources 99.9% of the time ;)
Does anyone know how to add entries to menu 'Menu' or creating a new
menu 'Layout' to kdms login window? E.g.
Restart X Server
Use 1600x1200 # i.e. kill X and run X -layout 'Use 1600x1200'
Other ideas how restart X server with different options from kdm?
To me vi is Zen. To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
a koan. Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.
You discover truth everytime you use it.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org