Themes

I went to themes.freshmeat.net and downloaded a couple of themes for KDE.
Untarring the downloaded files, I get a directory named for the theme with
two subdirectories - pixmap and themes.  In the themes directory, is a file
called name.themerc.  Going under Control Center/Look and Feel/Theme Manager,
it does not recognize the theme.  Trying to add the theme, the dialog box
says that it is filtering on "Theme files" but does not recognize the
.themerc file or any other file in the package.  The help file doesn't.  A
google search gives me oodles of hits on themes; any info on actually
installing the themes is swamped.

Info or pointers to info greatly appreciated.