Re: KDE freezes on "initializing peripherals"

Greg C. Madden wrote:

Last time X-windows/KDE startup froze on me I found my fontpaths in
~/XF86Config-4 were configured wrong. I had just loaded Abiword & was
trying to deal with Abiwords fontpath requirements. Fontpath issues can
include anti-aliasing in KDE I think.

I actually just figured it out - I switched from using xserver-xfree86 to xserver-svga and it works now.

My only problem now is that I get "interference" sort of. When I scroll in a konsole or other app there's lots of white lines that appear, usually next to or above that application. This also happens when an app opens or closes. Any ideas?

Phil
--
Insanity Palace of Metallica
http://www.ipom.com