Re: How do I show all debian KDE packages that I have installed?

On Wed 17 Apr 2002 11:42, Hans Aschauer wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a feasible way to show all KDE packages that I have
> > installed?
>
> [...]
>
> I use dpkg-awk for this task; the following command shows all debian
> packages which depend on kdelibs3, and which have a Status of "install
> ok installed".
>
> dpkg-awk Depends:kdelibs3 Status:install.ok.installed   -- Package
>
> If dpkg-awk is not installed, you can apt-get it (it's in the package
> dpkg-awk...); read the man page, this program is really useful!
>

> Hans

That is a good start, now, is there a way to use one of these tools too allow
a semi-automated upgrade of KDE?

I.E. get a list of packages that depend on kdelibs3 and pass that to apt-get
or dpkg in some way?

The dpkg-awk gives me a great list of  packages, many of which are sadly out
of date now. Unfortunately, the kde meta-package can not be used for
updating, because this would require updating the meta-package every time
anything changed in kde.

Thanks, until then, I guess I'll just try upgrading bit by bit until I get it
right.

Cheers,

	John Gay