Re: scp (secure copy) and konqueror?

Am Dienstag, 19. März 2002 17:21 schrieb Joseph Fannin:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 04:09:45PM +0100, Olaf Stetzer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am wondering if ther is a way to use konqueror to
> > browse remote filesystems via ssh? I already tried
> > different URL-types (ssh://user@..., sftp://... scp://...)
> > but always get a search result from google. Is there
> > a way to use konqueror over ssh at all or do I need
> > other programs?
>
>     You want the fish:// kio-slave in the kio-fish package.

Thanks to you and all the other who answered!
I love Linux and especially kde and even more debian of course! :-)
When I see how much integration is possible within just a web
browser one sees the current anti-trust-case in a different light!
Of course konqueror is not part of the OS and the OS is working
fine without it but the windows world misses a lot of functionality
because they don't have konqeror & co.

At work I am helping my colleague who is admin of our NT
network to get openssh running on the NT server so he can
get into it from outside (behind a firewall). I must smile when
I see how much easier and IMHO more elegant things work
in linux. I have set a debian server for a mysql db in one hour,
now there is a DHCP server and NAT for a local network on this
machine too, and I always smile when he stands behind me
when I am typing a command in the konsole.... command not
found... oh I did forget to install this package, wait....
apt-get install foobar... ah now it works.... :-)

Oooops just went a bit OT in the evening, sorry!

Good night,

Olaf

--
"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny!" Frank Zappa