Re: What's best quick fix for broken kde metapackage?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 tluxt2@yahoo.com wrote:

> Ok
> ccheney is MIA for > 1 week with no advance notice of planned absence
> kde metapackage in Sid doesn't install
>   fails on libkmid - libkmid: Depends: libglib1.3-12 (>= 1.3.12)
>     fails on libglib1.3-12 (>= 1.3.12) is not available
>   fails on kdebase-audiolibs
>     fails on libkmid or libkmid-alsa ...
>
> What's best quick fix for broken kde metapackage?
> What's the best long term fix for this?
>   Do we need someone to do an NMU of the kde metapackage?

I've been knee-deep in my own KDE3 problems this weekend so I may have
missed something but...

I'm willing to do an NMU if there really is a dpendency problem (and Chris
doesn't object) but is there really a problem?

I have libglib1.3-12 installed and I was also able to install the kde
package without any dependency problems.  Are you sure it is not just
because your apt mirror is not up to date or something?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>