term messed up in konsole?

Not sure if this is KDE specific but I have noticed it on both my laptop
and desktop running sid.  It seems that sometimes when I'm on the last
line of my konsole window and I type to the end of the line, instead of
wrapping to the next line, it seems to start at the beginning of the
same line overwriting characters.  This is just an aesthetic issue.  It
is still getting all the characters I'm typing.  But it's a little
confusing.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?