Re: KDE dependency problem on a Debian Sid 3.0

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 crochat@younics.org wrote:

> I have a little dependency problem on Debian GNU/Linux Sid 3.0 (yes, I know,
> that's unstable...) :
>
> My sources.list file :
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
  1)
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-
> free
> deb ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/debian unstable main contrib non-free
  2)

1) and 2) are the same but you are mixing two mirrors. What for? Use only
one and then you should be offered a more consistent package choice. If
you are using 1) and 2) simultaneously than you can end up in strange
situations where you install stuff from 2) that depends on stuff that is
overwritten by 1) etc.

I suggest you delete line 1)

For the rest - go and check packages.debian.org and search for the missing
packages there. Sometimes, if you are tracking woody/sid you need to do
that, especially if you are getting your stuff from mirrors.
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11