libpng? What is the current status?

I haven't updated my system since this whole problem with libpng happened, so
I'm still waiting to hear the current status.

I must have picked up a bit of the problem, because kmail no longer has
icons, but konq still works, unless I start it from the command line.

So, my question is:
If I do an apt-get dist-upgrade now, will I get the rest of my icons back?

On the other hand, I'd like to know how debian-devel can say this is a
kde-specific problem when Debian's beloved Gnome suffers identical problems
without a complete re-compile and several dependancy changes as well?

Cheers,

	John Gay