Re: No keyboard in X

On Sunday 09 December 2001 04:55 pm, G. L. `Griz' Inabnit wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> 	Uh, did anyone else loose the use of their keyboards after the last
> dist-upgrade on UNSTABLE or is this my very own problem? :--)
>
> 	Users from the   debian-users   list please reply directly as I am NOT on
> this list at this time.

	Yup, it's me again. :--)

	Took a shot in the dark, went thru the /var/log/XFree86.0.log. The only
bitch was concerning the mice. Never really bothered anything until this last
update. But, here's what "I" ended up having to do.

	I vi'd the XF86Config-4 and changed the stuff below.

#Section "InputDevice"
#       Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
#       Driver          "mouse"
#       Option          "CorePointer"
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
#       Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
#       Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
#EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
#       InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
        InputDevice     "Generic Mouse"
EndSection

	Again, before this last upgrade, the two InputDevice sections did NOT
conflict. But ........

Regards.

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                            Toll Free (866) 562-7160
                                 Via IRC at; 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"
						-anonymous-

"Software is like sex. They're both better when they're free!!" - Linus
Torvalds

"As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product."