Re: euro and konsole

Am Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2001 20:54 schrieb Cajus Pollmeier:
> On Wednesday, 5. December 2001 20:45, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 December 2001 17:21, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > > is this working or no?
> >
> > Not for me. It does work in all other KDE apps but only by
> > hand-editing /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/de, putting 'currency' instead of
> > 'EuroSign' in there for AltGr+E but then it doesn't work in GTK apps.
> > And in Konsole, it doesn't work at all (nothing happens when I press
> > AltGr+E).
>
> Gtk apps need EuroSign instead of currency in /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/de
> thats my problem, too. Either kde works, or gtk works.
>
> If you set your LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-15 int /etc/environment and set

I have now
LANG=de_DE@euro.ISO-8859-15

but the xkb/symbols/de problems persists. It _must_ be a bug in X because it
does not even print another char, there simply does not arrive _anything_.
Not even with "xev" a character is printed (when EuroSign is in that file):
KeyRelease event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0x2400001,
    root 0x4d, subw 0x0, time 2566295417, (84,-11), root:(88,413),
    state 0x2010, keycode 26 (keysym 0x20ac, EuroSign), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 characters:  ""

This also does not produce anything in xfce (not even the currency sign).
Not even calling a single xterm without wm make AltGR-E do anything with
EuroSign.
The perl code diplays the euro sign just fine (unicode font used, KDE only).
The ¢ (cent sign works just fine, also all umlauts).

So I guess this is specific to X and the de xkbd symbol and not an KDE bug
(although I do not know what gtk does). Gimp does not work either (it uses
gtk, doesn't it?).

Who does file this as a bug for X? It clearly is a X bug but I do not know
which package.

BTW: with currency in symbols/de and calling "xev" I get:
KeyRelease event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0x2200001,
    root 0x4d, subw 0x0, time 2567216721, (172,-10), root:(791,30),
    state 0x2010, keycode 26 (keysym 0xa4, currency), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 characters:  "€"

Just like it should be with EuroSign. _Everything else is equal !
And KDE has no relation to xev, has it?

HS

- --
        oder über pgp.net