Re: Kde mouse problems

Am Montag, 5. November 2001 21:33 schrieb THE CROW:
> Hi everybody,
> I recently installed debian 2.2r3 on my pc, and I did a "dist-upgrade". I
> have a weird problem that's annoying me.
> It happen when I run X with every window manager ( KDE included ).
> I can't see the mouse icons 'cause what I ever see is a white square ! I
> didn't belie that when I saw it !!! The X server version is 4.1.0-9; I
> looked everywhere for a solution but I couldn't find anything :(
> Anybody of you have an idea about how to solve this problem, and most of
> all which is the cause of this malfunction ???

It might be an interaction between "gpm" (the mouse handler for text mode)
and the X server. As root do a "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and make
sure to set "Use kernel framebuffer device interface" to "no". When I had
this set to "yes" (on my Matrox Mystique), "gpm" does not recognize switching
from text to graphics mode and continues trying to draw a mouse cursor,
instead of leaving this job to the X server.

--
Wolfgang Ratzka