QTDIR

Please excuse a naive quetsion... I want to compile Muse
( http://muse.seh.de ) and in its make.inc it has a setting
for QTDIR but best I can determine the original QT packages
are splt up on Debian so how do I define a single QTDIR
env variable for compiling KDE/QT apps under Debian ?

Or, is there other some "strategy" for doing such things,
like downlioad the original QT tarballs and put them in
/usr/local/qt so dependencies can be easily satisfied  ?

And, is QT3 anywhere near complete enough for a novice to
play with ? Muse 0.4.15 will build under QT3 apparently.

--markc