Opening Xsession for User-Login failed!

Dear Debian Group!

Perhaps you have any good idea to find out what the problem of my
trouble is:

I bootet a diskless client via network and: from one machine, where the
root-fs lies everything works fine:
every user can log into the desired Xsession.
Now the problem: I copied the same root-fs on a server machine : it only
lies there!
Then booting works correctly until the point where authorization was
required, but when a user wants to login into his session no session
occurs !
Only root can login into his X-Session!
The  only error-file I get lies in the user's Home-directory, called
.xsession-errors. The system message is:

xrdb: can't open display
can't connect to the xserver